Security Shutters by QMI
QMI Security Solutions manufactures high-quality security and storm shutters for exterior and interior applications. QMI offers several commercial security solutions for storefront security, pharmacy and retail counter shutters, and product cases. QMI also has a full line of residential security and storm protection products, including hurricane-approved accordion, Bahama, Colonial, and panel shutters. Hurricane mesh and security screens are also popular options for storm and security protection.
QMI shutters protect more than 100,000 residences and 40,000 retailers throughout North America. QMI provides start-to-finish full service sales and installation of security storefront shutters, roller shutters, accordion shutters, steel storm screens, Bahama shutters, and Colonial shutters for residential and commercial security and hurricane protection.
QMI manufactures commercial security roller shutter cases with various levels of visibility for retail product security. Secure products like cigarettes, cell phones, jewelry, electronics, and pharmaceutical narcotics. Product security cases reduce theft while enabling ready retail sales. For even greater visibility, Transparoll clear roller shutters by QMI provide security with 85% visibility. Transparoll clear polycarbonate is 250 times stronger than glass of the same thickness.
QMI also features a variety of residential storm and security protection products:
- Rolling shutters offer the greatest window protection and door protection from driving rain, intruders, and wind-borne hurricane storm debris protection.
- Accordion shutters for residential storm and security protection. Hurricane folding shutters stack to the side when open. Accordion hurricane shutters are perfect for large, wide, or curved openings.
- Stainless steel storm and security mesh for window security and door security protection. Security screen doors offer daily protection from bugs and intruders while the small profile storm screen frames maintain the architectural look of the home.
- Fabric shutters and panels for residential hurricane protection. Fabric shutters let light in while providing exterior views through hurricane fabric panels or roll-up fabric storm screens.
- Colonial shutters for residential hurricane protection for windows and door protection. Hurricane-approved Colonial shutters provide protection with a traditional look. Custom colors available.
- Bahama hurricane shutters for residential hurricane protection. Aluminum Bahama hurricane shutters provide protection with a tropical look. Custom colors available.
QMI manufactured parts and labor warranty for residential or commercial storm and security shutters can be found in the website. Contact customer care / shutters Chicago for parts, warranty service, and repairs nationwide. The Service Center tab will provide further details regarding rolling shutter warranties or to contact us for service of any brand of commercial overhead doors, rolling doors, coiling doors, pull across gates, entry doors, fire and fire-rated doors, and Detex doors. QMI commercial door service is available throughout North America.
QMI security shutter CSI specs are available in TXT, PDF, and DOC architectural spec formats may be found in Technical Information. Hurricane shutter code approval drawings and Notice of Acceptance (NOA) letters are available for International Building Code (IBC), Florida Building Code (FBC), Miami-Dade Building Code, and Texas Department of Insurance (TDI). Shutter architectural specifications, shutter styles and options, and roll shutter installation instructions are available in the Technical Information section of the website.
QMI is the largest manufacturer and sales organization in North America for commercial security window shutters, shutters security barriers, storm and security shutters for window and door protection. QMI leads the industry in patents, engineering, delivery time, customer customization, and quality. In fact, every product is assembled and tested prior to shipping to the customer to ensure a good installation experience. Products are sold to both commercial and residential customers direct and through dealers throughout North America, the Caribbean, and Hawaii.
Founded in 1986, this family-owned business has grown consistently for more than two decades into a business of more than 120 employees. Jim Miller, QMI President and founder, desired to be a successful businessman like his father, and purchased Mid Continent Rolling Shutter in Naperville, Illinois. Jim had traveled to Europe where exterior rolling shutters are commonplace due to high energy costs and the greater efficiency of exterior window treatments.
Jim named the new company Qualitas Manufacturing, Inc. and expanded the product lines into awnings, window film, windows, and interior storm windows. In 2002, QMI moved to its present headquarters at 1661 Glenlake Drive, Itasca, Illinois.